Saturday, March 27, 2010

Changing..

Today I was out for a run and ran past a small bunch of dandy flowers. Do you like dandy flowers? I have to admit, I love them. I know, they are weeds...but they're so yellow and happy looking to me. Anyway, back to the run. So I'm out there running and I look over by the curb and see this bunch of dandy flowers. And on the flowers, was a little bee just happy to be buzzing around. And slowly..a smile crept onto my face. (not something I usually do while running..trust me. :D) But I couldn't help it. It's SPRING!!!!

It got me thinking. Change. One year, you have no intentions of starting any kind of workout activity. You say to yourself, "I'll never run!" or "I'll never get up at 5am just to go lift weights". And the next, there you are, doing exactly what you said you'd never do. Change. Winter turns into spring. The windows open, fresh air flows, light beams through gently blowing curtains. Change.

What would you do differently today..something you said you'd never do. Would you take up a new class at the gym? Wear a color you always thought you hated? Maybe something as simple as parting your hair on the other side. What will it be? Make it a good one. :) It's all about change..

2 comments:

  1. hey! stopping by from the happy mail intro post :)
    i love the sentiment that you've written. i've always loved that quote from ghandi too. i also like "without change, there wouldn't be butterflies"
    hope you have a great day!

    ReplyDelete