Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Excuses???

I was reading one of my favorite blogs today and this post hit me hard, but in such an amazing, motivating way. It talked about things being "in the bank." Things you work towards, save for, and use later. In this case...workout. Becoming fit. Becoming you by working towards a goal, even when you don't feel like it. Seriously, go read it.

And then I found this:


And fell in love with doing more, trying harder, pushing myself just a little bit more. Going a little farther, climbing one more step, going one last mile. Because really, all these things are things that I put in my own 'goal' bank. Experience only comes from opportunity.

There was a quote I heard a few days ago, and it went something like this: "In becoming, we usually go from point A to point B. But we must go all the way from point A to point Z if we are truly to become who we are meant to be."

All the hard stuff that comes along with learning how to become a better person physically..it changes who you are as a whole. The physical part is just the bonus gift in the end. When you push yourself, you learn how to endure. When you keep those promises to yourself, you learn how to love yourself. When you keep going when you want to quit, you learn how to achieve greatness.

I love it..
No excuses..

3 comments:

  1. Love this post!!! Pushing ourselves is the only way we'll ever know what we can really do!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No excuses!! Love it!! That is the key to success....no more excuses!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love, love, love your post! The concept of A to Z is priceless-thank you :)

    ReplyDelete